MCLEAN, Va .- (Business Wire) – Kajeet, a world-class provider of private wireless and managed IoT connectivity, today announced a partnership with Google to place its personal 5G platform on Google Distributed Cloud Edge. The goal of the partnership is to help change the future of education:
- Connect students and communities without high-quality wireless internet connection and Turn off the digital divide Like last time.
- Empowerment of learning anywhere Integrates Kajeet’s public and private wireless networks with Google’s Chromebook and Classroom EDU solutions.
- Creating smart schoolsPowered by Kajeet’s private 5G platform and Google Cloud, to enhance classroom activities and enable next-generation immersive learning experiences for students and teachers.
Many school districts want to provide adequate off-campus broadband access for their staff and students. According to the White House, more than 30 million Americans live in areas where broadband infrastructure is unable to deliver the minimum acceptable speed. Kajeet, step by step with Google, seeks to close the connectivity gap to easily connect all their people, places and things with smart, simple and secure private 5G networks for schools, neighborhoods, library systems, community colleges and universities.
Kajeet is a trusted wireless partner of the educational institution, providing IoT and public internet connectivity operating in more than 3,000 school districts with over two decades of experience. There is a great need to provide safe, secure, and reliable personal wireless services for students and the community in an inadequate market. Kajit is in the process of planning and designing several private 5G networks using Google Distributed Cloud Edge for school districts across the country that will be launched later this year.
“Google is a long-term partner in our education business for equitable access and network reliability for students using Google Chromebooks. We’re excited to expand our partnership to enable a unique private 5G experience for schools and students across the United States, “said Derrick Frost, SVP and GM of Private Wireless Networks at Kazit. “Google helps to realize the economics of scale in a general environment consisting of a personal network, a private data center and a public cloud at the end of the distributed cloud. It enables us to provide a consistent set of security, lifecycle management, orchestration of resources and resources across all our customer locations. “
Google Cloud offers private 5G platforms:
- Disruptive cost-efficiency – Eliminates the incredible cost and complexity of installing private LTE and 5G in both indoor and outdoor areas with seamless mobility between public and private cellular networks.
- Smart 5G experience – Provides AI / ML-driven analysis, software-defined automation, and optimized performance with improved security and agility
- Simplicity and flexibility – Enables school districts to set up and manage their personal wireless network through licensed, unlicensed, and CBRS spectrum with 24/7/365 Tier-1 support from Kajit
- Accelerated open innovation – Enables developers to create converting IoT, IIoT, and business applications with rich Open APIs. Multiple RAN vendors support an open ecosystem.
“School districts are already familiar with Google for Chromebooks and classrooms, and we’re excited to partner with Kajeet to support their personal 5G platform,” said Steven Butchi, Google Cloud’s director of education. Access to high quality internet to level the playing field and improve learning outcomes. “
To learn more about Kajit Private 5G, visit the Kajit Private 5G platform.
Kajeet® is a leading provider of wireless connectivity, software and hardware solutions, providing secure, reliable and managed wireless solutions to more than 3,000 businesses, schools and districts and state and local governments. Kajeet’s private 5G platform simplifies education and personal wireless to allow enterprise customers to easily create and manage their own personal wireless network.
Sentinel® is the only service provider in the Kajeet industry that offers a smart, simple and secure glass single blade for a wireless device, SIM and network management. Sentinel’s use of real-time data includes AI / ML visibility, policy control management, custom content filters for added security, and hybrid private and public network access across all major North American wireless networks and multiple licensed and unlicensed networks. Kajit has 40 US patents in mobile technology.
Kajeet’s mission is to connect the unconnected to smart, easy, and secure public and private wireless networks, and to make the world better by working to eliminate digital divisions once and for all.
To learn more, visit kajeet.com and follow us on Twitter Kajit.
The Kajeet and Kajeet logos are trademarks of Kajeet Inc.